New Job Opening
ROLE: Sr. Law Clerk, Master’s Degree in Law with 2 years of experience
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide research support for specific projects and programs.
- Meet clients to ascertain & define need or problem area & determine the scope of investigation required to obtain the solution.
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, and legal codes to prepare legal documents.
- Conduct legal research and draft legal documents.
- Search for and study legal documents to investigate facts and law of cases, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Prepare affidavits, legal correspondence using MS word, word processing, and organize documents in paper & electronic filing system.
- Apply experience and knowledge of Chinese corporate, contract, and business law.
- Use AILA, Lexis Nexis & West Law for legal research, Outlook & Excel to record client data.
- Knowledge of Chinese corporate and contract laws related to corporate and purchase agreements in conjunction with EB5 green card investor visa, L1 visa, and other immigration matters.
- 2 years of experience with Inszoom, Aila, immigration law, DOL rules & regulations.
Kindly mail resume to Emandi Law Firm, P.C, 421 7th Avenue, Suite 909, New York, NY 10001.
2 openings: Immigration Paralegal
Established, boutique Immigration Law Firm has an immediate opening for Immigration Paralegal to assist with filing H-1B nonimmigrant visa petitions. Participate in all aspects of the firm’s business online ativan immigration practice, including assisting in the management of client relationships, and case review and analysis. Ideal candidate will be able to successfully multi-task, in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, and be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must be able to manage one’s own time. Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Law and at least 2 years of immigration law experience. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Salary Commensurate with relevant experience and client generation
- 2-3 weeks of paid time off annually
- Contribution towards health care and 401K plan
- Resume &Cover letter describing the interest in immigration and/or
- Law school transcripts
- Writing sample
All information submitted will be verified and validated and references
- J.D. degree and license to practice law in any State
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus but not required.
- 2 years or more of immigration experience strongly preferred. This means
that you have filed numerous petitions independently and are very familiar with
immigration filings and USCIS. PERM or other business immigration filings
(L-1, E-2, EB-2, EB-1, NIW, O-1, H-1B) or non-business immigration filings.
- Background with automation using information technology and willingness to
embrace technology to automate processes is strongly preferred. Past experience
in this area is a strong plus as the associate will assist with technology aspects of